IRISCUP is the most innovative, convenient and healthiest alternative to tampons and disposable pads.
IRISCUP is a reusable menstrual cup which adheres perfectly to the vaginal canal collecting the menstrual flow, instead of absorbing it.
The light seal formed with the vaginal walls allows no leakage and it does not change the natural balance of the vagina or interfere with its natural lubrication.
It is made of 100% Platinum Silicone!(the safest and the most biocompatible)
Details of IRISCUP
IrisCup is sold in two colors(Original Silicone Color & Pink) and two sizes(Large and Small), which can be used according to the user's age and whether or not the woman has given birth vaginally.
IrisCup Size details and Capacity
About the 100% Platinum Silicone
IRISCUP is manufactured from Medical Silicon (100% Platinum Silicon) which is totally latex-free, hypoallergenic and keeps its shape.
Advantages of Platinum Silicone
It is hypoallergenic and biocompatible.
It has an excellent resistance to extreme temperatures ranging from 260° C to -60°C.
It has a softer and smoother texture, which reduces the fixation of proteins in the cup.
It is very easy to clean with warm water and natural soap.
It has a long lifespan.
It is eco-friendly and can be recycled.
How to use Iriscup
IRISCUP is very easy and comfortable to use. However, a little practice may be needed at first. It is very Important to be relaxed and find the most comfortable position both for inserting and removing it.
1. Before first using the Iriscup, sterilize it in boiling water for three minutes.
2. Wash your hands carefully with warm water and natural soap.
3. For the first insertions our advice is to wet the cup, or use a water-based lubricant.
4. To insert the IrisCup, we recommend the following positions: sitting, squatting, kneeling or standing. Try and choose the best for you.
5. Hold the IrisCup with your fingers and press it. Then use the fingers of the other hand to fold it lengthwise.
6. Hold the IrisCup with the fingers of one hand in the lowest possible position and insert it in the vagina obliquely towards the back. The ideal sit of the IrisCup is lower than in the case of tampons. See our video...
7. After inserting it in the vagina, let go of the IrisCup and allow it to unfold and adhere to the vaginal walls. Check the correct position.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly.
2. Choose the most comfortable position and find the stem of the Iriscup. If necessary help yourself by pushing your vaginal muscles, to push it near to you.
3. Hold the stem and pull the cup out carefully. If you are not able to remove the IrisCup this way, use a finger to separate the cup from the vaginal wall.
4. Empty the contents of the IrisCup in the toilet and wash it with water. If you so wish, you can use a PH neutral soap without perfume. It is ready to use again.
Cleaning and Care
During the menstruation period it is enough to wash the IrisCup with warm water and natural soap.
After menstruation, the IrisCup should be sterilized by boiling it for 3 minutes.
Check that the small pressure holes under the rim are perfectly clean. If they need extra cleaning, fill the cup with warm water, cover it with your hand to seal it and press the sides so that the water is pushed out through the holes.
Store the IrisCup in the bag provided. Do not place it in a storage that does not allow the air flow.